Saturday 25 February 2012

First Stop visiting Em in France!


I've finally had time to sit down and create my blog. So for the past month I've been traveling around the world. I spent two weeks visiting Emily in Rennes, France. We had to much fun! We spent the weekend in Rennes exploring the city, experiencing my first open bar unfortunately we weren't persuasive enough to get the bus driver to take just us home.  
These macaroons were definitely worth walking in the rain for

At a bar in Saint Anne
The first place we went to outside of the city was to Nantes. We went with two other guys we met that happened to go to UNI (ironic). We went around the city to the castle and museum. 
Em and I before heading to the castle  
Since we couldn't see the machine elephant we
found this one running around with Asics 
Unfortunately the machines which the city is know for were under construction so we  couldn't see them. Instead we spent the rest of the afternoon at an Irish pub hanging out with the Canadian working. 
What better to get at an Irish pub than some Irish coffees 
On Saturday we got to go to Mont Saint Michel which is an old abby on an island..well some of the time. When it is high tide it is surrounded by water but at low tide it is easily accessible. The hike up to the abby is steep and long but along the way there are shops and restaurants for you to take a break in. The view from the top is breathtaking. You can see water and islands for miles. 

Mont Saint Michel 


The winding street up to the top 

The view from the top! 
Before leaving I had to spend another night out with all the wonderful people I met in Rennes. We all went to a flat and the road a bus to Saint Anne where we ended up getting bottle service, Kabobs and having so much fun! I had so much fun in France and everyone I met there is more than welcome at my apartment :) 
My favorite mexican Ceci!!  



No comments:

Post a Comment